Monday, March 15, 2010

The love of Katara and Aang...

So that's right me Lindsey Jo Mickelson has gotten into anime. The fact of that statement just makes me want to gag. I swore to myself when I was atleast ten that I would never like that stuff but here I am now watching a tv series on dvd about anime. I'm not sure how it reallly happened, it just did. My friend Alisa who also has a blogspot told me about this movie coming out Avatar: The Last Airbender she told me the guy from Twilight(Jaskson Rathbone) was going to be in the movie. Not that I'm obsessed with Twilight or anything like that but I do happen to think The guy who plays Jasper(Jackson) happens to be a pretty good actor. Anyway I saw the trailer for the movie and thought it looked pretty good. Then I find out that there's a whole show circled around the movie that's being made. It turns out the show had been aired on Nickelodeon and it happens to be anime. I was bored waiting for another tv show to be on and guess what happened to be playing on Nickelodeon? Thats right Avatar: The Last Airbender, so I watched it. A couple nights later two episodes managed to be playing on Nick, I actually enjoyed them. The character Socca added alot of comic relief. I also noticed something else...

In the episode I was watching the character Katara seemed to care alot for the main character Aang's well being. It was to the point where it looked like she was in love with him. So I talked to my friend Alisa the next day. I asked her if Socca was going to be played by Jackson Rathbone she of course said yes. Then I said, "That girl with the weird hair is in love with Aang right?" she laughed and said, "You mean Katara? yes." Well she said something in the matter of that anyway. Long story short I ended borrowing seasons 1,2 and ,3 and watching them. I ended loving the show despite the fact that its anime. I watched myself fall inlove with the love of Katara and Aang. Now I'm obsessed planning to buy all three of the seasons for myself and excited for the movie to come out in July.

You see the thing about Katara and Aang is that there love is like the perfect romance. I know thats alot considering the romance is written in and controlled but still...its amazing. Katara has always been there for him. Aang is so afraid of hurting Katara and goes at any length to protect her. They always blush around eachother its so cute.They always know what to talk to about and aren't afraid to approach eachother. Its just so cute.

No comments: