Friday, December 25, 2009

Better than expected

Well at first I was kind of disapointed this season. Usually right when December comes I get that little giddy Christmas spirit down in my stomach. This year it was different, I didn't feel it rightaway. I just felt cold and unfeeling. Where are you Christmas by Cindy Lou Who kept ringing in my head. We're always told as kids to appreaciate the small things at christmas and not to focus so much on the material items. But this year though I'm gonna lie the only thing that made me excited was opening the gifts. I know its wrong but its just how I felt, and sometimes you just can't control how you feel.

I thought What is wrong with you? You cold unspirited creature! It wasn't untill it was Christmas Eve's day... I went shopping with my father, helping him pick out all the holiday foods and getting frustrated with his bossing posture. When we arrived home with extra family my sister Kayleen told us that Christmas Eve Service was cancelled. Disapointment arose again for it didn't really feel like Christmas Eve without that special Service. I htought my mood would go down, that I would be depressed the rest of the night. I turned out to be wrong again, for the dinner my dad made was delicious and my parents friends actually didn't bug for once. The next morning when my neice Teagan woke us up at 7:00 which is;if you think about it really early. I did feel the christmas spirit. Madeline opened up my present and was really grateful for my present/ a barbie. I knew then god was looking down on all of us.

No comments: